Ultimate Shades & Blinds Warranty
At Ultimate we want to be transparent with all our customers.
In this page you will find all the warranties of our products.
These warranty policies can change at any time as they are from each manufacturer.
The Hunter Douglas Lifetime Guarantee is an expression of our desire to provide a thoroughly satisfying experience when selecting, purchasing and living with your window fashion products. If you are not thoroughly satisfied, simply contact Hunter Douglas Inc. at 1-800-789-0331 or contact us with an email. In support of this policy of consumer satisfaction, we offer our Lifetime Limited Warranty as described below. You can register your warranty here.
- Hunter Douglas window fashion products are covered for defects in materials, workmanship or failure to operate for as long as the original retail purchaser owns the product (unless shorter periods are provided below)
- All internal mechanisms.
- Components and brackets.
- Fabric delamination.
- Operational cords for a full 7 years from the date of purchase.
- Repairs and/or replacements will be made with like or similar parts or products.
- Hunter Douglas motorization components are covered for 5 years from the date of purchase.
- Any conditions caused by normal wear and tear.
- Abuse, accidents, misuse or alterations to the product.
- Exposure to the elements (sun damage, wind, water/ moisture) and discoloration or fading over time.
- Failure to follow our instructions with respect to measurement, proper installation, cleaning or maintenance.
- Shipping charges, cost of removal and reinstallation.
Such duration varies depending on the end product for which it is used.
- Motors, controls and accessories used for roller shutters, interior and exterior blinds, curtains, awnings, commercial grilles are covered for 5 years from date of manufacture.
- Motors, controls and accessories used for residential garage doors and gates and for industrial shutters are covered for 3 years from date of manufacture.
- Motors, controls and accessories used for Tertiary Access are covered for 1 year from date of installation or 18 months from the date of Invoice, whichever is earlier.
The date of manufacture appears on most Products. lf not, the starting date of the warranty is the date of the SOMFY invoice. When the same Product can be used, according to SOMFY instructions, for various end products, the longest warranty will apply.
Any Product suspected defective can be sent back to SOMFY India Pvt. Ltd, Technical Department, S4, 2nd Floor, Genesis Complex, A-32, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate, Mathura Road, at the customer’s cost. SOMFY is entitled to require the corresponding invoice from the Buyer. If the Product is analyzed by SOMFY as defective in material or workmanship, SOMFY will send back a new or repaired Product to the Buyer, at SOMFY s cost (freight only – import duties and local handling fees will not be paid by SOMFY), as long as it is within India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives. lf the Product is analyzed by SOMFY as non-defective in material or workmanship, SOMFY will inform the Buyer that the Product cannot be accepted under warranty, The Buyer can ask for the Product to be returned at his/her own costs within a month from which such information was sent to him. The Products which are replaced pursuant to the terms of this warranty as well as the product, which have not been claimed back by the Buyer within the above-specified period will be retained and subsequently owned by SOMFY.
The warranty will not apply in the following cases, for example:
- If the selection, installation (incl. wiring) or operation of the SOMFY Products is not in accordance with SOMFY specifications, installation and operating instructions”
- If the selection, installation or operation has not been carried out in accordance to professional standards.
- If the defect is a consequence of a natural phenomenon (such as storm, lightning, etc….) or of an exterior phenomenon.
- If the SOMFY products are used in association with inappropriate products (e.g.: use of a control or of an accessory not suitable for the motor),
- Whenever the Product functions with software which is not included in the Product, the warranty terms of such software are communicated with such software. The lack of respect of instructions concerning the software can cause exclusion of the warranty of the Products it applies to.
- If the SOMFY Products have been opened or dismantled, this warranty includes neither change of batteries or other consumables, nor removal, reinstallation, or maintenance costs.
All clutches, brackets, mounting hardware, tubes, head rails and related accessories such as pin ends, covers and hem bars, as well as PVC-coated solar screen fabric (Alkenz) sold by Rollease Acmeda, unless expressly limited elsewhere below.
Aero, Veue Drop Awnings, CF90, SS38, S60, Fashion Wand, Easy Spring Plus, Easy Spring Ultra, and any springs and accessories, including Easy Spring Wands.
Automate motors and accessories have a separate, detailed warranty set forth in a warranty statement addressed specifically to this product category.
Somfy motors and related accessories distributed by Rollease Acmeda are covered separately under Somfy’s warranty and not by Rollease Acmeda.
Any warranty claims for such products manufactured by Somfy must be submitted directly to Somfy in accordance with that company’s procedures.
Products are warranted against original defects in materials or workmanship during the specified warranty period. To the extent Rollease Acmeda-generated documents provide specifications and such specifications have been made generally public by authorized employees, then Rollease Acmeda further warrants that its products will meet such additional specifications.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Conditions or damage caused by abuse, accidents, alterations, misuse or failure to follow
instructions for measurement, installation, use, cleaning or maintenance, including those
instructions found at the end of this limited warranty.
- Normal wear and tear, including but not limited to fading over the lifetime of the product,
deterioration or yellowing when exposed to sunlight, high humidity or extreme outdoor
elements for prolonged periods, and cord failure as a result of wearing out over time.
- Somfy branded or manufactured products.
- The use of non-fabric components with other components not manufactured by or expressly
approved by Rollease Acmeda as appropriate for use with the Rollease Acmeda component at
- Products used in exterior environments unless expressly approved for such use.
- Cord loops and bead chains
The Commercial Systems 2-Year Limited Warranty offers 2 years of parts coverage, a first available onsite/remote response time for system issues, and 24/7 Technical Support.
- Coverage provides 100% parts and diagnostic labor coverage for most system issues for 2 years
- Coverage can be upgraded at any time with the purchase of a Technology Support Plan
Lutron’s Enhanced Warranties include Silver, Gold, and Platinum options.
- 8-years of parts coverage provides additional peace-of-mind
- 100% replacement of parts and diagnostic labor for years 1-2
- 50% replacement of parts for years 3-5
- 25% replacement of parts for years 6-8
- Optional response-time guarantee limits the duration of system downtime for the first 2 years
- Silver: Offers 72-hour onsite/remote response (years 1-2)
- Gold: Offers 48-hour onsite/remote response (years 1-2)
- Access to a priority support line-Providing a separate line dedicated to Platinum customers offering immediate call response time.
- Offers 24-hour onsite/remote response (years 1-2)
- Scheduled Preventive Maintenance (years 1-2) reduces the likelihood of system issues (Gold and Platinum warranties)
Fenetex Hurricane Screens and components are warranted by StormWatch, Inc. (the Manufacturer) against defects in materials and workmanship for a period as stated below prorated from the date of manufacture, provided they are properly maintained and cared for under normal use and service.
- Hurricane Screens: TEN YEARS
- Insect and/or Solar Screens: FIVE YEARS
- Rolling Screen tracks/housing: FIVE YEARS
- Motors: FIVE YEARS
The Manufacturer shall not be responsible for any damage resulting to or caused by its products by reason of improper installation, improper use or storage, unauthorized service, alteration of products, neglect or abuse, chemicals, any acts of nature beyond Manufacturer’s control, or any attempt to use the products for other than their customary usage or for their intended purposes. The above warranty does not cover normal wear or any damage beyond Manufacturer’s control or field replacement labor.
Hurricane Screens are not intended for use as sun shade or for long term deployment unless shutter fabric is protected from UV exposure, such as with optional fabric UV covers. Improper use will void warranty.